Why study in Edinburgh
As soon as you arrive in Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital city, you know you have come to a very special place to learn English.
Edinburgh is a city of contrasts: there are parks, rivers, hills and beaches, the narrow streets of the Old Town, the elegant, classical architecture of the New Town, and the ports and harbours with the quays lined with restaurants, cafés and bars. Dominating the skyline, the castle sits high upon its rock. From its walls there are incredible views over the city and beyond, across the Forth river towards the Highlands.
The school is in the centre of the city and our excellent accommodation is never more than a walk or short bus ride away.
Edinburgh has so many interesting things to do and see:
• It’s the most visited city in the UK after London
• It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a UNESCO City of Literature
• It’s home to the world’s largest annual arts festival
• There are more than 20 golf courses within 30 minutes
• There are three castles and a royal palace to visit
• It has a wide range of free museums and galleries
• The Scottish parliament is based in Edinburgh
• There is a lot of green space and tranquility – parks, river and canal walks, and beaches
• There are more bars and restaurants per person than any other city in the UK